Online Courses Save Time and Money
Optimized for Manufacturing Training
You will utilize simplified best practices and the streamlined FlexTraining rapid-build training platform to quickly author and deliver online training. You can easily include existing material such as procedures manuals, safety bulletins, BOM's, Travelers, blueprints, assembly specs, etc.
FlexTraining has been designed and optimized for manufacturing and distribution companies in many ways. Specifically:
- Rapid Template-driven Course Assembly and Delivery
- The FlexTraining template-based framework positions a manufacturer or distributor to quickly assemble new training and deliver knowledge to its targets. This helps meet the continuous need to respond to market demands quickly in a competitive environment.
- Customized Menus and Training Paths for a Varied Work Force
- Millions of workers have been laid off from various manufacturing jobs since 2000, and yet roughly five percent of all manufacturing jobs remain unfilled. Companies don't want to hire low-skilled people; they want multi-skilled people who can do a wide variety of jobs. With FlexTraining each worker can obtain and demonstrate multiple skills as designated by management.
- Content Independence
- FlexTraining is a complete, versatile framework for training delivery and testing. All of its content templates and advanced features may be selected or omitted on a lesson-by-lesson basis, even within a single course. Pick and choose, for example, features and templates to fit Team Building and Interpersonal Skills training, and also for detailed courses on the use of Bills of Material or OSHA requirements.
- Separation of Departments, Workers, Managers
- Human Resources and Accounting personnel have different training needs. The same goes for Inventory Control and Shop Floor workers. FlexTraining has an integrated, optional hierarchy that allows only authorized managers and workers access to the appropriate courses, approvals, and notifications. It's totally user-defined and can be deployed at multiple levels or simply turned off if not needed.
- Skill Group Tracking
- FlexTraining Skill Groups and progress tracking support the wide variety of jobs and responsibilities in a manufacturing environment. Quickly define and implement unique training plans for skills such as Order Fulfillment Clerk and Product Designer.
- Simplified Bookmarking
- FlexTraining remembers where each online learner left off, so that courses may follow established processes like Production Router Instructions or Purchasing Procedures, even across multiple days or online sessions.
- Images such as components and service parts are stored in a common library so they may be re-used in different courses. This also applies to videos and narrations which might be used to teach assembly techniques or shop floor safety.
- Handling High Volumes of Users and Courses. Larger training projects involve large numbers of users. FlexTraining has been enhanced in several ways to better support large user environments:
- Detailed record filtering on all online reports to limit report sizes
- Filters for mass enrollment, downloading, and deletions
- Flexible Student Import from external databases or spreadsheets
- Automated Skill Group Assignment (ex: Shop Foreman or Purchasing Manager)
- Automated Course Enrollment, saving managers from data entry tasks
- Other features designed to handle large volumes easily